I Really Don’t Care About The Latest “Loophole” Which Will Make Me A Fortune

abstract light imageIt is a staple of the traditional old-school internet marketing toolbox…the fabled ‘loophole’ which – for a small payment – will lead to money flooding into your bank account.

Every so often a new program comes around where this sorry old tactic is used to pull in the desperate or the unwary.

I never even look at anything which contains the word ‘loophole’ anymore unless, of course, I want to write a blog post like this.

Loophole definition

Definition of 'loophole' from the Chambers online dictionary.

So I decided to take a look at what was on offer when I received an email which asked me:

“Have you heard about this loophole?”

Well the answer to the question can only be “I have no idea” given that I clearly don’t know what loophole is being referred to.

But the objective is to make people curious enough to actually open the email and so I opened it.

This is what it said:

“Something extraordinary is happening on the net right now.

“Two guys, and I think they’re both geniuses, have discovered
a loophole in internet marketing that allows anyone to make
100% commissions and get paid instantly.

“It is an amazing situation, and it’s all above-board and very
ethical.

“The minute I saw it I jumped in, and boy am I glad I did…

“Now I’m telling everyone I know about it.

“It’s hard to say how long this loophole will exist but it’s
there now, and you might want to take immediate action on it.

“Get the details right here, and I’m not B.S.’ing you, and
this is not about hype. Just see this link: [removed] “

Ah the needless profanity right at the end, just to put me off the message even further than I already was.

What is it with these people that they think adding the odd swear word into their sales message will make the thing seem just that little more appealing?

So I clicked on the link and was taken to a sales page where the hype was ramped right up.

There was huge white text on a red background, red and black text on a white background, a huge yellow arrow and the word “caution” repeated 12 times across the top of the screen for some peculiar reason.

Well see for yourself…this is what part of the page looked like:

loophole splashpage screengrab

Ok so this is my view on things.

I don’t need to enter “my best email address” to know that this is not for me.

I mean it is not written to give any information at all, instead it is designed to simply tug at your emotions.

Look at the language.

“caution, caution, caution…secret…commission loophole…leaked video…instant 100 per cent commissions…commissions into your bank account…starting today”

The writer here wants you to read the copy and be frightened that you are going to miss out on something which will end your money worries.

The implication seems to be that this is something which is perhaps a little bit edgy, a little bit daring and possibly only just legal.

And although we are not told what this commission loophole actually is we are told that you can copy it to earn instant commissions.

Who wouldn’t want instant commissions? Especially at 100 per cent?

But what are you earning commissions on?

And the 100 per cent figure sounds good but surely it means absolutely nothing at all unless you know what you are getting 100 per cent of?

And how did this homeless ‘van man’ and the ex-construction worker uncover this loophole?

Did they do it together? Did each solve half the problem and only put the pieces together when they met up?

How did they meet up?

Do they even exist?

Why are they sharing it with you?

Why was this almost kept a secret?

Who wanted to keep it secret?

Why did they change their mind?

Who made the video of these two?

How was the video leaked?

Who leaked it?

Everything about this sales letter screams “stay away” to me but I can see how many would be sucked in and part with their cash to discover the great secrets which homeless guy and construction guy have to impart.

Call me cynical but I think the only information of any value on the entire page is the disclaimer in small print at the bottom of the page which is written in oh-so-hard-to-see black letters on a red background.

It says that the company in question:

“…in no way guarantees you’ll make money with any of our products.

“However we do allow our members to become affiliates of our system and earn 100% commission on products offered from within our back office platform.

“As with anything, you’re success depends on your attitude and level of commitment.

“We simply provide the point and click platform for our members to learn insider marketing strategies and earn 100% commissions.”

So now we are getting somewhere.

It appears to be a simple affiliate scheme but an affiliate scheme where you have to pay to be a member.

So not something which instantly deposits money into your bank account then.

But an affiliate scheme you pay to join and then have to promote like any other affiliate scheme.

And you are not guaranteed to make any money at all but you will be paying for a “point and click platform” and “insider marketing strategies” whatever those may be.

So when put like that it doesn’t really sound so appealing now does it?

Commission loophole indeed!

But what do you think?

Would you give something like this a try?

Would you sign up to find our more?

I would love to hear from you.

18 Responses to I Really Don’t Care About The Latest “Loophole” Which Will Make Me A Fortune

1. Ellyn Weber-Bynum
    January 3, 2012 at 4:28 pm #

Hi Patrick:

I have seen this page all over the TEs; since you did not mention the program name, I won’t either.

From what I can gather, the program is “selling” the opportunity to create a blog. I have read the blogs of marketers who have signed up to this program and use it as their platform. The blog entries have been great, but why use this platform, where the template is the SAME for everybody who joins? It’s essentially a replicate affiliate blog site. From what I see, there’s no way to make it uniquely your own, aside from the blog entries themselves. And why pay for that, when you can pay to create your own that’s more memorable?

I have even seen one marketer, who has his own blog but still signed up to the program (as a way to earn income no doubt), post the SAME blog entries to his own blog AND to the program’s blog!

Doesn’t make sense to me…

Ellyn

January 3, 2012 at 10:59 pm #

Hi Ellyn,
      One of the reasons I have not mentioned the program name is that I never got past the initial sales page I mentioned in the blog post.
      The email and that sales page alone were enough to convince me that I did not want to check this ‘opportunity’ out any further.
      So it is a blogging platform.
      Hmmm. I did try some of those niche auto blogs once but they are not really for me.
      I think I will just stick to doing it manually myself.
      It takes a lot longer but it is utterly unique and there is lots more satisfaction from doing it that way.
      Patrick Griffin thinks you may like this post too..Monday Moaning: You Can Keep Your Four Letter Words To YourselfMy Profile

2. Dummy UNITED STATES January 3, 2012 at 4:08 pm #

I got sucked into it last Nov. I spent 25 dollars then upgraded to the inner circle for another 100. It is a blogging platform and a lot of hype. I tried to set up my free merchant account that was suppose to get done almost instantly and it never happend a few days after my first month I recieved a letter from the Merchant company that denied my application, I set it up to use my paypal account instead only later to find out that there is no option on the buy page for customers, ie… suckers like me. to use paypal to order. I wonder how much money I was screwed out of on this deal. I send out around 250,000 emails, traffic exchange, sent thousands of hits to this site and never got a dime. There is no loophole, that is a lie, and at least a week of the month that I was subscribed the website was down.

January 3, 2012 at 10:56 pm #

Well I guess the lesson is “once bitten, twice shy”
      It sounds like you had a terrible time but at least you know better now.
      What I have learned is that no matter what the program is there simply is no loophole.
      Good luck with your future plans and let me know how you get on.

January 3, 2012 at 5:17 pm #

Hey Pat,

I don’t even know how to write a good comment on this entry because I don’t waste my time with these kind of programs.

Some may actually work, some others don’t, but the fact it is being advertised mainly on hype, raises several red flags for me.

I think I would have joined this if I was in my early days but today, I don’t even stop to look at it.

These programs exist because they do make money, to the program owner that is!

Buying a business in a box or a replicated site like Ellyn said, has its pros and cons.

If you don’t know ANYTHING about marketing, then it may be suitable to get a quickstart but in the end, as you start learning more stuff and connect the dots, you’ll realize that what you have is a toy and not a business.

The problem with going solo, as in:

- getting the right domain name
    - the right registrar company
    - the hosting account
    - putting it all together
    - tweaking the site
    - protecting it from hackers
    - setting up the backups
    - etc

Can be more than overwhelming for someone who is not familiar with all these techie things but if the main goal is to REALLY achieve success earning an income online, this is the only way to go.

The more I read and check out new training courses, digital nomad academies, free and paid mentorings, they ALL agree on one thing, and that, is getting a self hosted blog.

I was a sucker when I first started and bought a business in a box, I knew the program was old but my excuse was that I wanted to see how it was put together so I could do something new and improved.

I did not promote that BIAB once.

I was so embarrased to see my site and then realizing there were at least a bit more than 30K sites who were older than me on the same ‘opportunity’.

The program was good and it actually made some great marketers out of it but that was years ago, the program today, is just garbage.

Sergio Felix thinks you may like this post too..Quick Tip to Keep Being Productive and CreativeMy Profile

January 3, 2012 at 11:06 pm #

Hi Sergio,
      I also don’t waste my time with these kind of programs, except to highlight them on this blog from time to time so that people can be aware of how this kind of marketing works.

I have fallen on the marketing which works only on hype and on playing on your emotion before but I don’t any more so I want others to have the same level of awareness.

If people still want to try these things for themselves then that is fine but, like you, this kind of stuff raises so many red flags for me that I stay well clear.

Finally I agree that the self-hosted blog is key for being able to communicate and work effectively online. I think this is something I need to go deeper into in the coming year…perhaps as part of a training program.

Thanks for the comment Sergio.

P.S. See how I fixed the CommentLuv leaderboard? Now I am not on it. ;)

• Sergio Felix
        January 4, 2012 at 5:53 am #

LOL good job on fixing CommentLuv mate, works perfectly fine now!

So what was the problem?

January 4, 2012 at 8:28 am #

Hi Sergio,
          The problem was that I had asked the plugin to block the wrong email address, forgetting that I actually forward emails from the account linked to this blog to another address.
          I am so glad I spotted my silly error before deciding to put in a support ticket to Comment Luv.
          Patrick Griffin thinks you may like this post too..Words Wednesday: Insults (II)My Profile

4. Kent Faver
    January 3, 2012 at 5:39 pm #

Good points. I would buy a blogging theme from a theme developer only. These types of deals are so flaky, and a wordpress set up is only as good as the service behind it. WP changes almost monthly – ongoing updates are a must. Thanks Patrick.

January 3, 2012 at 11:08 pm #

That is good advice Ken. WP is constantly evolving and it is vital that your theme has ongoing support and service.

January 3, 2012 at 7:39 pm #

I’ve seen this many times and it’s just so hyped up that it turns me off for exactly the same reason’s you’ve described.

I know from google alerts for safelists that the blogs do actually rank well at the moment, but then google could change it’s algorithm overnight and you’d be left with nothing.

Overall I would say that it if it’s not clear what’s being sold then click next and look for a ronseal product.

Andrew Stark thinks you may like this post too..The Zen Of Creating The Perfect Marketing FunnelMy Profile

6. Jocelyn Jones
    January 3, 2012 at 10:58 pm #

I THINK the supposed “loophole” is that it pays 100% direct commissions and not just a portion of the commission. One of the things that I noticed is that the blog they offer is the same for everyone (maybe I’m wrong, but people that have sent me info on it all have the same blog) so again, goes against the grain of “branding yourself” and I believe it was James Dias that says SOLAST. Kind of hard to do with this program and the capture pages are all the same as well. I do have to admit though, I have seen some people promoting the program, but they have created their own capture pages and have people opt in to learn more about it, so because of them being original, they are probably having more luck with it than the masses. Not knocking the program because I know a lot of people that have been very successful with it, but I also have heard from others’ that haven’t. As with everything, I guess it goes to what you are passionate about and how you promote yourself. Just my two cents.
    Jocelyn Jones thinks you may like this post too..Relationship Building is Good Business, here’s whyMy Profile

January 3, 2012 at 11:12 pm #

You make a great point here Jocelyn.
      No matter what niche you are in or what you promote or what you are marketing online you can choose to do the same as everyone else or you can try to stand out for being unique and relevant and offering something of value.
      I know which I prefer.

• Jocelyn Jones
        January 5, 2012 at 12:36 am #

Good Wednesday Evening to you! Just getting online, I have a very sick little girl. Temp of 104! I’m not feeling the greatest myself, hope I don’t come down with it! :( Anyway, Yup yup, I know what I prefer as well. Just got done posting my 7 link challenge. Sergio beat me to the punch of nominating you! LOL :)
        Jocelyn Jones thinks you may like this post too..What Exactly Is The 7 Link Challenge?My Profile

January 5, 2012 at 3:20 am #

Hi Jocelyn,
          I hope your child gets better and well done in completing the challenge…I still have mine to do.
          I shall check out what you have written.

• Jocelyn Jones
            January 6, 2012 at 4:01 am #

Hey P, She’s doing a little better, thanks for the well wishes. She’ll have to stay home from school tomorrow as well, went to doctor today, its a virus and has to run its course. However, her fever is NOT as high as it was, thank goodness! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with as well for the challenge! :)
            Jocelyn Jones thinks you may like this post too..The great secret of business success: The MORE you GIVE AWAY, the richer you get!My Profile