My Seven Link Challenge

seven linksLast month I was invited to take part in something called the Seven Link Challenge.

At the time I had no idea what it was, what I had to do to take part or what picture I could use to represent seven links.

Sergio Félix from MarketingWithSergio nominated me to take part in this challenge so, of course, I agreed.

The Challenge itself is quite simple:

1. Get nominated by another blogger to take part
    2. Publish seven links on my blog for each of the following categories:
      1. Your most beautiful post
      2. Your most popular post
      3. Your most controversial post
      4. Your most helpful post
      5. A post whose success surprised you
      6. A post you feel didn’t get the attention it deserved
      7. The post that you are most proud of
    3. Nominate up to five other people to take part in the Challenge.

The goal of the Challenge is to:

“unite bloggers (from all sectors) in a joint endeavor to share lessons learned and create a bank of long but not forgotten blog posts that deserve to see the light of day again.”

So in the spirit of unity here are my seven links:

Sergio made the next section a little bit hard for me by nominating two people I would otherwise have nominated (Justin Ledvina and Jon Olson) so my nominations for the Challenge are now as follows:

1. Tim Linden – notified about challenge
  2. Andrew Stark – Accepted challenge.
  3. Catherine White – Completed challenge. See Catherine’s post.
  4. ‘Waldo’ Waldman – notified about challenge
  5. Tame Bear – Accepted challenge.

It was an interesting exercise looking back through all my old blog posts to come up with list of seven posts to choose and even more challenging to find five people to nominate.

Useful resources if you have been nominated and want to take part in the Seven Links Challenge:

1. Check out the rules to the Challenge.
  2. If you want others to see your Challenge posts outside of your immediate blogging community then Tweet your Seven Links post to #My7Links
  3. Sergio’s Seven Links Challenge post contains links to a number of other people who also completed the Challenge which you may find useful to check out.

13 Responses to My Seven Link Challenge

1. Justin Ledvina
    January 26, 2012 at 8:46 am #

It was fun going back and reading those posts. Especially the comments for the mr. Billionz guest post.

I wasn’t aware I was nominated to do a post like this. I’m a pretty faithful reader of Sergio’s blog shocked I missed it.

Glad none of these posts happened on a Wednesday!
    Justin Ledvina thinks you may like this post too..You Can’t Change Me, But….My Profile

January 26, 2012 at 12:36 pm #

Hi Justin,
      Yes it was certainly interesting going back over all those old posts.
      But you have given me an idea…
      Maybe on day there will be time for a ‘best of Words Wednesday’ feature.
      If that is still going strong at the end end of the year I may consider it. ;)

2. Jocelyn Jones
    January 26, 2012 at 5:37 pm #

Happy Thursday, Patrick! OHHH NOOO, Sergio is in the lead again for comments, I’ll have to put an end to that, LOL Yeah, He nominated you, I was going to nominate you for the challenge, but he beat me to it. Wasn’t it fun though? It’s pretty cool, and I got a chance to meet some really AWESOME people through it! :)
    Jocelyn Jones thinks you may like this post too..The 4 MOST Important Words In Business SuccessMy Profile

January 26, 2012 at 10:31 pm #

Ha yes Jocelyn – you and Sergio are neck and neck in the comments section this month.
      Yes the Challenge was cool and I am glad I took the time to complete it. I am glad you enjoyed taking part too.
      Patrick Griffin thinks you may like this post too..Words Wednesday: Archaic Words (III)My Profile

3. Catherine White
    January 26, 2012 at 6:56 pm #

This is a wonderful idea- kudos to Sergio!
    Thank you Patrick for thinking of my blog.
    I accept your nomination and will start digging
    through my old posts this evening.
    I am excited at the prospect of networking with
    a whole new circle of individuals – bloggers.
    Now, to start working on my nomination list…hmmmmmmm
    Catherine White thinks you may like this post too..Whatever Happened to Customer Service?My Profile

4. Drew UNITED STATES January 26, 2012 at 8:31 pm #

Patrick,
    Thanks for accepting this awesome challenge from Sergio.
    Great way to reread some of your past posts. And reading your selections just reflects more of Patrick.

Hope some of your challenged bloggers accept as well

Drew

January 26, 2012 at 10:50 pm #

Thanks Drew,
      Well Catherine has accepted the challenge so far so that is a good start.

January 27, 2012 at 8:42 am #

Is this technically a poison chalice?

I read this post yesterday on my phone, and a lengthy reply takes too long to type as my fingers are a little bit too fat for the touchscreen.

Since I’ve set myself the target to produce one quality article a week the comments / traffic have been rising and I’ve seen several other bloggers do this I knew it was probably coming my way soon.

So I too accept this challenge, but it may be a while before I get it published.

Andrew Stark thinks you may like this post too..How To Build A Downline?My Profile

January 27, 2012 at 5:03 pm #

Nice one Andrew.
      Many thanks for accepting the challenge.
      I am sure you will have a good time putting your list together.
      There is no hurry or deadline for getting the post written so take as long as you need to fit in with your schedule.
      Patrick Griffin thinks you may like this post too..Friday Newsletter: January 27, 2012.My Profile

January 27, 2012 at 4:32 pm #

Hey Pat,

Glad to see your Seven Link Challenge entry my friend and a big THANK YOU for featuring me here, means a lot to me but you already knew that right? ;-)

As you can remember from yesterday, I was already checking out your selected posts and that’s how I found those two incredible sunset pictures you took from outside your apartment.

To be honest when I first saw the main image of the blog post, I thought this was going to be about food, then I checked the title and had to count the number of (what are those called… ‘chilorios’?) and then it made sense.

You have nominated very interesting people and I really look forward for them to join you so I can get to know them a bit better!

Take care and keep up the great job man ;-)

PS. I checked your site, it is ROCKING already man, good luck and all the best!

PPS. Hope Jon and Justin decide to take you on this offer, it’d be interesting to see what they come up with too!
    Sergio Felix thinks you may like this post too..Seven Link ChallengeMy Profile

January 27, 2012 at 5:19 pm #

Hi Sergio,
      Thanks for being the person to introduce me to the Challenge and I am happy to be able to pass it on to more people who should find it enjoyable too.

The food items in the picture are sausages. Is that what you meant?